Au revoir summer! Autumn beckons and we can’t wait to try fresh looks for the new season. I’m so ready for the crisp air and being serenaded by gently falling leaves (well, let’s be honest, it’s not always gentle). Read on for great tips for your autumn beauty routine.
1. Bold Lips and Cheeks: Bold lips many can understand but bold lips AND rosy cheeks? You don’t say!? But yes, we do! Try rosy cheeks for a fresh look with bold lips. A word of caution, keep the eyes subtle to avoid looking overly done. Try Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit Lipstick or Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick.
2. Pretty Pink: With a crispness to the air and Jack Frost not far behind, a rosy glow is inevitable. To keep that look throughout the day, add a little extra blush matching the same shade your cheeks naturally turn when the air is nippy. Try MAC Cosmetics.
3. Easy Highlight: Add highlights to emphasize the areas of your face where light hits, think chin, cupid’s bow, bridge of nose, top of cheek bone, brow bone and center of the forehead. For a subtle look, add a touch of highlight to your cheekbones and bridge of nose. For a natural glow try brands such as Becca Cosmetics Skin Love Glow Glaze Stick or Benefit Watt’s Up! Cream Highlighter.
4. Gloss Boss: Glossy lips are back. Wear a clear gloss with your natural lip color or choose a shade of berry. Get a nice shine while making your lips look fuller. Try Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss.
5. Blotted and Matted: Achieve a blotted lip (smudgy, soft lip) look by creating imperfect edges. No need for the usual care with the edges. Pair that with matted skin and voila! You have an autumn perfect look! Try Buxom Cosmetics PillowPout Creamy Plumping Lip Powder.