Let it snow! The snow last week was a cold reminder of the season ahead. Don’t get me wrong, I love snow, I just despise the cold. Brrrr! At any rate, I was quickly reminded that boots are now more appropriate than my pumps and sling back flats. To some, it is the beginning of a long and tiresome season of nothing but boots, ugh. If that’s you, hold that sigh! Change that “ugh” to “aww!” by following these tips for wearing boots. After all, we might as well feel and look good while battling the snow and cold!
1. Booties: add a pair of ankle booties with heels to your dress or skirt outfit. This is a happy medium between classic and trendy.
2. Knee high boots with heels: add some umph! to your dress or skirt with knee high boots. Try a classic pair or add an edge to it with some slouch. I especially love these with a sweater dress!
Photo via Nordstrom Sam Edelman Olen Boot
3. Wedge heel boots: stilettos on ice? Nope, not for me either. Consider a pair of wedge heel boots as your go-to instead of your favorite black pumps. The wedge heel will provide more stability than stilettos when you’re trying to navigate the snow and ice.
Photo via Zappos Tahari Ballad Wedge Boot
4. Riding boots: for your casual weekends, consider wearing a pair of riding boots with your favorite skinny jeans and sweater. If you have healthy calves as I do, no worries, many brands now carry wide calf styles. Yay!
Photo via DSW Unisa Treece Wide Calf Riding Boot
5. Block heel booties: pair block heel booties with cuffed jeans for an effortless causal style. This is my all-time favorite causal style for the winter!
Photo via DSW Crown Vintage Ryder Bootie