Updated: Oct 18, 2018
Recently, I had a request to address statement earrings from one of our readers. The challenge was, “How do I wear statement earrings?” Well, my dear reader, ask and you shall receive. Earrings alone can elevate your look BUT statement earrings, well, that’s where the fun is! Read on for how to wear your statement earrings with confidence.
1. Comfort is key. Choose your statement earrings with these in mind: length, shape, color and outfit. The length should be comfortable for you. Wearing a pair of earrings that requires you to brush them behind you every time you lean over to grab a sheet of paper may not be ideal. Have fun with shape but avoid awkward shapes that poke you with every head turn. Choose a color that plays off the look of your outfit or go bold with a color that contrasts. Avoid pairing your statement earrings with a flashy outfit. That runs the risk of being gaudy.
2. Avoid an over-statement: the focus should be your earrings. To keep it that way, avoid wearing other statement pieces. Keep all other jewelry simple by choosing delicate pieces.
3. Chandelier: pair your chandelier earrings with a chic chignon for a classy look.
4. Brightly colored: keep your makeup simple when wearing a brightly colored earring to avoid too much going on in that area.
5. Hoops: wear these with sleek straight hair, fun wavy hair or a classy ponytail. Hoops are versatile and can be worn casually or dressed-up.
6. Clusters: these tend to remain nearer the lobe rather than dangle. To show them off, wear your hair up.
Here are a few of my current favorites!